Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Tuesday joys and concerns


I walked this morning! About 2 miles in 40 minutes best I have done in many months.

I have a new friend an immigrant who needs reading and conversation help as she is learning English. We spent time together this morning. It is not easy for her family and I am concerned about their difficulties. 

This afternoon and early evening I worked on writing project. Just chipping away slowly. 

It was a rare day where my goals for the day actually happen. 

I am very thankful. 

Life is rarely this way for me... 

May God have mercy on us 🙏 

6 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Good job, doing the two mile walk!

Granny Marigold said...

You're obviously building up your stamina ❤❤❤

Gretchen Joanna said...

Wow - 20 minute miles are not easy for me to accomplish anymore.

Having goals is hard, they so often are not reached. But they do help to pull us on!

Becki said...

How wonderful to be a friend to someone who will benefit from conversation practice with you. I enjoyed being an ESL tutor when I did it, but I began to long for just a friendship like you describe. I know you are blessing to this friend, Elizabeth.

joymariecooks said...

My husband and I have spent some time as volunteer language teachers for newcomers in our city, and my husband has also done some work as a volunteer with a provincial group helping Latino immigrants. It's been fun and rewarding. Our experience is that just being a friend and available to answer questions/give advice is really what many newcomers need. There's so much "new" to navigate and having someone who came give an honest answer about things is so helpful. I'm glad your new friend has found you!

karen said...

praying for your new friend and family that opportunities open up and help them!