Sunday, May 28, 2023

Many moments and God’s mercy


So many things.

1. On Tuesday, my friend Peter's 40th day since his passing, which is a special day that one prays for the newly departed, I met a monk from Romania outside of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. He is now praying for Peter. I can’t tell you how deeply encouraging this was and is. 

2. Last vespers with choir director of my local church who I have known over 10 years. 

3. Saw my special tea-loving friend at church. She is moving to Florida and I am going to miss her so much. 

4. Saw Waltons with my beloved Husband. It felt like old times. 

5. I am slowly returning to myself... I have had my memory since the second week of March but the emotional shock and physical depletion + a second rash (all gone!) + Peter's death (and the shock of it) really impacted me.

6. We are getting more estimates for our roof as it needs fixing. That is taking a while. 

7. I have a schedule for my writing project that I am trying out this week for times that I work only on that project. 

8. I have been walking about 5k steps a day.  I am very thankful. 

9. New local priest comes this week and first liturgy is this coming Sunday: Pentecost. 

May God have mercy on us 🙏 



5 comments:

Gretchen Joanna said...

That was surely a providential meeting, with that monk!! Glory to God!

I'm impressed with your walking. I should follow your example.

Katja said...

It's good to hear from you. :)

karen said...

I try to walk daily, it helps me be the best version of myself, both physically and mentally!!

Granny Marigold said...

Your tea-loving friend moving to Florida is going to be sad, no doubt. ( For you, but probably not her). Yay you for walking 5000 steps a day!!

Lisa said...

Yes, fancy meeting a monk outside the Met! You, of course, seized the opportunity and spoke to him!