Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Pascha Sunday Night at Home


















After a beautiful Pascha and Agape Vespers,
we went home and I set up the table for our Pascha night dinner.
We always have food from our basket and this year had leftover 
chicken from earlier that day!
I used my Grandma's everyday dishes that I was given when she replaced
them with a new set, well over 20 years ago... 
We used her silver-plate silverware,
the rushnyk (the red, white and black cloth)
 from my Ottawa Ukrainian Mother, 
that she gave me for Pascha over 7 years ago,
the icon of the Resurrection, the big one, I made with a Kodak Machine in Ottawa 
and a dollar store frame and had blessed on Pascha, many years ago...
the smaller icon in the basket was +Patrick's... 
The tablecloth is one of two that I have that were my Husband's Grandmother's, 
we think... that I got from his Mother a few years ago... 
so lots of beloved family and church family remembered in our Pascha table...
and the multi-coloured roses that we always get on Pascha... 
And that was our Pascha night table this year... 
Christ is Risen! Truly, He is Risen!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Elizabeth, a very happy and blessed Pascha to you!! It's such a joyful time, isn't it? Different from Christmas, entirely.