Saturday, December 13, 2008

Relief

I received confirmation that over the Christmas holidays I can return for a brief visit to the monastery. My second communion as an Orthodox Christian was there. I have stayed twice before.

I can't tell you how relieved I am that I will, Lord willing, be returning there for a short while.

I often get stuck in my own little world with its worries, joys, confusions and chaos. I hope to get beyond this and be able to rest and receive advice for those things I need to ask.

It is times like these that I feel most hopeful.

May the Lord continue to show His mercy to us.

8 comments:

E Helena E said...

I am happy for you that you will be able to go again! Will pray that this will be a time of refreshment and guidance for you.

elizabeth said...

thank you E-H; yes I pray it will be both of these things!

Mimi said...

What a wonderful blessing!

pray for me, a sinner.

elizabeth said...

Please pray also for me Mimi, a sinner.

I will seek to remember you to those at the monastery.

Michelle M. said...

How wonderful! I wish I could have spent more time there when we visited in August. It was a beautiful experience- I Hope it will be for you as well.

elizabeth said...

Yes, I love being there. Were you there for thier feast day? I am really happy to be going back! It will be my second year there over the Christmas/New Year holidays.

I am really excited for this!

Anonymous said...

Can't think of a better place to spend the holidays. I love going to monasteries. It's just so refreshing, the feeling of almost palpable Grace, and time flowing so differently.

Have a wonderful time.

elizabeth said...

Yes, thank you. I am really looking forward to this... I agree about the time being different there... good description!