Thursday, April 12, 2007

Staying In

Today I decided to stay home and rest. I have no sick days at my work, so it was not a light decision – as I will lose money and only have till May 10 of work at this point. And yesterday I went to work – nose dripping and other head cold things – I was so tired it was hard to concentrate. So today I decided, in the early morning hours, to stay home. I called in sick and went back to bed. Years ago Cheryl told me how taking a nap can be an act of faith, when in school and overburdened with work. I guess I view this day like this as well.

So I am being quiet, drinking juice (almost out of it though), tea (I have tons of tea) and cold and flu drink (have to take some yet today). The cold is in my ears now but I am thankful for a day to rest.

I love my apartment, I love seeing the wet snow falling outside my window and having Cleo my cat near by. (We’ll just ignore the fact that there should not be wet snow in mid-April!).

I also love that I have many of my favourite books with me, and that things are momentarily okay. Life has lots of challenges, and is full of grief, but God’s love keeps pouring down, slowly breaking into my awareness; this gives me hope.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I hope you feel better soon, hugs. and, I like Cheryl's words.

elizabeth said...

thank you muchly; cheryl is great... :)