Friday, September 29, 2023

The last few days


Wednesday sunny ~ Feast of the Holy Cross 

I was so happy about going to NYC and felt well so made plans to return Thursday.

I did return. It's my personal favourite schedule, Tuesday and Thursday NYC.

I have a hard time keeping everything straight though and forgot that we are going out on Saturday. 

So, I am a bit run down again. I am quite certain that I am not physically fully recovered from this past year. Last year I was preparing for hammer toe surgery. The recovery took a while + I was not as active so I lost strength. And then January-March happened. I was so very sick physically and then lost my memory. It was the most acute painful agonizing time I have gone through.  I have no idea the amount of depletion I have experienced. I just know that it is significant. 

So today I am doing a lot of resting. 

And trying to accept things as they are. 

May God have mercy on us 🙏 

6 comments:

Becki said...

It is so good that you know yourself and your needs, and that you tend to them. You have had a lot of trauma in a short amount of time. I am glad you find moments and places like this to refresh and renew yourself, and share it here.

Martha said...

The cross is so beautifully decorated! Is that basil on it? I know there's a Greek tradition to use basil, as they say the true cross was found near basil.

elizabeth said...

Thanks Becki!! Yes, I did have a lot of tramua in a short amount of time! Yes, I am very blessed to have some spaces that really give refreshment!

elizabeth said...

Hi Martha, yes, there is basil on it, towards the top of the Cross!

karen said...

resting is the best medicine and accepting is also helpful. I am sorry that your year has been a challenging one I pray that from this day forward you have health and energy to do all that you wish to do!

elizabeth said...

Thanks Karen! I am sure I will have good days and bad days as is normal life! 🙂