Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Thanks to God ... NYC happened

I made it to NYC! I woke up in the middle of the night and was wondering if I would be able to go. So thankful that I was able to!

I read 70 pages of St Silouan the Athonite. On page 381 now. It is a 500 page book 📖 and I am taking notes usually from every page. So it takes me a while. It's that sort of book. Thoughtful, packed with wisdom.... I am using it for my writing project and am seeing lots of things that connect to it. So I make notes about that as well. I am also learning a lot personally from this book.

I am very thankful that I had a day to spend reading it! If I am home I get distracted by other things so a full day (10 to 5) reading was a real blessing. 

We have DV church tomorrow. I would love to go back to NYC Thursday but we shall see. 

I do hope finishing my reading 📚 of this book in the next week.  

It's a deep book but also very beautiful. 

My library NYC days are some of my favourite days. 

May God have mercy on us 🙏 

4 comments:

karen said...

love our pen case! envious of your NYC trip and a day spent reading all day sounds lovely!! I'm glad you were able to go!

Granny Marigold said...

I can see how trying to get a few hours of reading in at home, surrounded by a dozen tasks you can't help but see, distract you. Lovely that you have the chance to go to NYC. I hope Thursday will work out for you.

Gretchen Joanna said...

How wonderful!

Becki said...

I'm glad you were able to go to NYC, Elizabeth. What a beautiful room to spend time in reading.