Saturday, August 12, 2023

A simple saving prayer....


Got a much better foot brace. It is such an improvement. 

I read about St Peter and the walking on water Gospel passage. 

Here is part of it (emphasis mine):

"[Ch 14 verses] 31-33. And immediately Jesus stretched forth His hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, of what didst thou doubt? And when they were come into the boat, the wind ceased. Then they that were in the boat came and worshipped Him, saying, Of a truth Thou art the Son of God. 

Showing that the cause of his sinking was not the wind but faintheartedness, Christ does not rebuke the wind, but the fainthearted Peter. This is why He raised him up and set him on the water, but allowed the wind to blow. Peter did not doubt in everything, but in part. Inasmuch as he was afraid, he showed lack of faith; but by crying out, "Lord, save me," he was healed of his unbelief. This is why he hears the words "O thou of little faith" and not "O thou of no faith." Those in the boat were also delivered from fear, for "the wind ceased." And then, indeed, recognizing Jesus by these things, they confessed His divinity."

*****

I have been struggling with faintheartedness. 

I am so thankful that such a simple prayer [Lord, save me!] can restore one.

I hope that I can start functioning better. 

May God help us!








No comments: