Monday, April 04, 2022

today and an unexpected gift

 

A friend and I just finally exchanged Christmas (!) gifts yesterday, Sunday.  We were busy so opened our gift today.  And inside was this beautiful rushnyk.  It's vintage, made in Lviv Ukriane when it was still part of the USSR (it had a tag, I translated it with google's help!). 

I already know that I will put it on my table where I have my writing table or my 'tea for two' table.  I will change it out soon for Pascha. 

You can imagine, realizing my friend found this for me months ago, had it for me in January (we kept missing each other) and now I am given it.  Well.  So many layers of meaning. 

Today was a pretty good day. This is a very busy week. I have something everyday till next Monday (thankfully tomorrow I can be home, it's online stuff). 

thank you again everyone who left a comment.  I really appreciate each and everyone. 

May God have mercy on us all.

4 comments:

Elizabethd said...

It is so beautiful, and what a wonderful time to be given something so hopeful.

Juliana said...

It's a beautiful piece! I'm looking at the lines trying to "read" it by the symbols--lots going on there. Glad you were able to see your friend.

Granny Marigold said...

That's a lovely runner.

Lisa said...

Yes, so many layers of meaning! My goodness, from Lviv. A treasure now.