Wednesday, April 06, 2022

beginning to turn towards Pascha


I put careful small stitches in two sides of this rushnyk in the middle with some of the white folded carefully. So that it would fit on my table better. I stitched it loosely so I can easily undo it later if needed. 

It felt very poignant to put this one away. This was put out before the w-a-r began. 

I realized that I never put up my Lenten icons this year. The horror beginning February 24th really derailed me.  

I don't think any of us will realize how difficult it has been until later. 

We ordered our Pascha bread this year from a Monastery. It came today and is now in the freezer. 

We went to church tonight. A real blessing. 

Every day a little more progress. Soon I will put up more Pascha/Easter decorations. 

May the Lord have mercy on us. 

5 comments:

Martha said...

What a pretty embroidered piece! Good idea to loosely stitch it in case you want to have it long.

karen said...

beautiful embroidery! I have been praying fervently for Ukraine daily in my morning prayers.

Gloria said...

Such lovely stitching Elizabeth! I too have been behind in making Easter preparations. Our Holy Week begins tomorrow. May the Lord bless and keep us wherever we are.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Beautiful embroidery! Happy Easter!

Diana said...

These are beautiful, Elizabeth! God is with us! Blessings to you, my friend!