Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Sunday's Lunch with Dear Friends











 As I shared on Instagram earlier:

We had dear friends over yesterday for Sunday lunch after being at liturgy together. The scones were the star of the show! It is my own vegan version of the wonderful #marioncunningham #thebreakfastbook Dried Fruit Cream Scones.  (I will put my recipe changes in comments below). These are beyond perfect with some cherry jam on top! ๐Ÿ’

The changes that I made to this recipe are: 1. Used coconut cream (from Trader Joe's) instead of dairy cream) and only used dried cherries (added the amount called for of golden raisins to the dried cherry amount).  Also I didn't add the glaze but sprinkled a small amount of raw sugar chunks on top! 2. All of the instructions about preparing the batter after it is mixed I ignore completely! I added the fluffy batter to the tart pan, made sure it goes to all the edges and back and baked according to the recipe instructions!! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’
****
Today is Tuesday already!
We went to church yesterday for St Peter and Paul and now the small
Apostle's fast is done and we are eating meat again... :) 
***
My life is so busy right now, it's hard to keep things straight. 
However, I got our laundry done.
3 loads done and more than that folded and put away. WHEW.
***
So today I learned more about some earlier scientific ideas.
I am learning a lot all related to ideas that are in my writing project.
***
Well, it's time to sleep!
God bless you all and keep you! 
May His Face Shine Upon You!

8 comments:

karen said...

what beautiful scones and what a lovely table you set for your friends. I always like to see what you are serving, you give me some good ideas.

Granny Marigold said...

Lovely luncheon. The food looks delicious and your table so pretty. I'm glad all went well.

Lisa Richards said...

Yes, the scones are so pretty! The whole table looks lovely, and I'm wondering what is in the foil packets. :) God bless you two!

Gretchen Joanna said...

Your table is beautiful as always! I am eager to try your vegan scone recipe! Thanks for sharing.

Gretchen Joanna said...

If I don't have an Instagram account anymore will I be able to find your recipe somewhere here on your blog?

Lisa said...

So that was scones - my mouth was watering.

Diana said...

Come cook for me. Haha! I'm really going to have to make those scones for Jerry (he is a Scottish descendant and they loooooove scones, of course). As always, your table is gorgeous! I love everything you do to make your home so inviting. I've missed coming by to visit since I've been busy with my new blog/domain. Hope you're doing well asI see it's been a few days since you've been here. Going to go read a few posts of yours to catch up! Blessings, my friend!

Angela said...

What a beautiful table to greet your guests