Thursday, August 20, 2026

a blessing of books and beauty

I had the blessing of going on a short walk! It may rain here soon and I was being careful and today I'm having a rest day! I was out 2 days in a row and I need to go to New York City again tomorrow...

So at one of the small grocery stores we have a few very small ones, I bought English muffins! Then I went to the library and they had books for sale and I got three for $6 total $2 each.  I'm sad that they're getting rid of them, but I'm happy to have them.  

The one in blue called the other family doctor I'm already starting to read! It's about a woman who felt called to be a veterinarian doctor for animals when she was a child and that's exactly what she did.  She must be in her early '60s by now.  It's well written so far and I'm really enjoying it.  It feels like a relief.  Like the writer is writing from a place of peace, with a lot of experience and stories to tell.  It feels like I'm getting a "book hug" ... Like it's calming.  Sometimes I realize when something feels better for me when I suddenly get the image of a baby with a pacifier calmed from crying.  Not that I've been crying.  But I feel emotions really big sometimes.  And life has its own intensity. We're an intense season right now. 

I had this lovely snack picture above.  It was also comforting to take pictures of it and enjoy the beauty and know I could share it here.  I had peanut butter on the apple slices.  🥰

I'm pretty tired right now and I'm easily overwhelmed.  But I know more what to do and how to deal with it.  Partly by communicating needs and my doing my best to take care of myself.

May God have mercy on us.

1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

It's a positive thing to take care of oneself! Your books look interesting, especially the Other Doctor.