Monday, September 26, 2022

preparing for pain and being laid up


It's a strange thing to know when one is preparing for a difficulty that one cannot fully measure. 

I am gearing up for hammertoe surgery on 3 toes in just over 2 weeks (Tuesday October 11th God willing). 

Above picture is 2 of the 3 casseroles I made for easy to prepare meals. (All from a double batch of my Christmas turkey casserole....I made the chicken stock that went in the homemade white roux for the sauce...)

Recovery will be 4-6 weeks.  

I assure you that the time has come for this surgery, it's becoming increasingly difficult to do longer walks.... noticeably more difficult...

Prayers fully welcome! ❤️🙏🕯

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

That surgery doesn't sound like fun at all. I had to go look it up because I hadn't heard of it before. Sounds like it's the answer though and hopefully will heal quickly.

greta said...

wishing you a speeding and uneventful recovery!

Juliana said...

Oof, not fun at all! I'm glad you have time to make some meals ahead and plan. Hopefully the recovery is smooth and the surgery successful!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Heartfelt prayers for you, dear friend xxx