Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Baking and Cooking Prep + a reading report


Using about 1.5lb of ground beef, onion frozen cooked in butter 🧈 🤩 oregano cream of mushroom soup.... salt 🧂 and pepper .... I prepared everything other than the egg noodles for easy beef stroganoff!

I am thinking that if i add some frozen (Trader Joe's) mushrooms 🍄 when heating this up, I will have a lot of yummy fast free meals, just need to cook up the egg noodles and heat the meat with added mushrooms....will last us a sold week of meals.... (especially with Wednesday and Friday being fasting days!)

I am well on my way to having easy meal options for my convalescence!

I also am baking up blackberry muffins using my cranberry and orange muffins recipe (substituting blackberries for cranberries!)

Using a cute ❤️ tin I got at a VNA rummage sale!

These muffins are baking as I am typing this up...smells delicious! Hope to have a picture to show before I post this....

God willing I am going to NYC tomorrow to do research on my writing project! I am trying to get as much in as I can before my surgery....

Here's the muffins! I think a bit of raw sugar on top would have been good with these as they seem to need a bit more sweetness than the cranberry orange muffin version... However they are still good!!

A lot to be thankful for! 

Today I have been reading this and this as well as revisiting the early chapters of the voluminous book on Fr Seraphim Rose.

One of the many things I am tracking for my writing project is the Orthodox Christian understanding of person... both the Three Persons of the Holy Trinity and what a human person is and is created to be.  

Well that's it for today...

May God have mercy on us and save us!

2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Hi Elizabeth! Praying for your surgery. Your planned meals sound wonderful!

Granny Marigold said...

Good planning for meals and snacks while you recuperate. A thin drizzle of icing might be an idea if the Blackberry muffins need it.