Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Where to even begin...

 




















...well, we had Thanksgiving, my friend Photini recently returned from overseas and was with us and our favourite Munchkin and his Mom.  It was a really wonderful blessed time, esp after so much hard because of the pandemic. ... 

...my Great Aunt Phyl died. :( On Saturday November 27th evening EST.  I knew it was coming as she was in more pain and getting confused in the evening; she was moved to a full nursing care floor about 5 or 6 days ago... then I think Saturday I was told she was dying and that night she was gone.  She is my Grandma's sister (she had two, my Aunt Bets died nearly 20 years ago) and they talked on the phone every night at the same time.  You knew not to call them at that time! A month or more ago my Aunt Phyl stopped using the phone, her hearing was getting really bad.  My Grandma really lost her in stages, so in some ways it was gradual but still very hard.  My Aunt had moved into assisted living RIGHT when lockdown began in 2020 and it really aged her a lot.  She was nearly 96 years old.  I am SO GLAD I got to see her last summer and my Husband did too.  

...I went to NYC today and did more shopping.  I got myself a new tea called 'toast and jam' from an English grocer in NYC.  Their Instagram page is HERE.  Of course I went to Tea and Sympathy

...I started this entry yesterday but did not get a chance to finish it... My days are incredibly busy right now. I got my Booster today and now I am going to go rest before the rest of my very full day continues.... 

God bless you all! May the Lord save us and have mercy on us!

6 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sorry about your aunt who has died. Nice that you could see her not that long ago.
Your tea Toast and Jam sounds delightful!!
You sound super busy. I hope you don't have any bad effects from the recent shot.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

My sympathy for your loss. Loss is hard, no matter what the season or circumstances. I love your photos though — they are so lovely.

Paula said...

Sending much love to you and your family. It's so hard losing someone by inches. I'm not sure which is worse.

Gretchen Joanna said...

My condolences on Aunt Phyl. It is a comfort that you got to see her not too long ago. May she rest in peace.

Lisa Richards said...

Sorry for the loss of your great aunt. It sounds like she had a long, full life. We have a great reunion to look forward to! Hugs to you all.

Gloria said...

Hello Elizabeth, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your great-aunt. Prayers for your Grandmother as well. We lost our brother in law as well as another good friend over the past six weeks. So grateful that God watches over us in these times of loss. Sending hugs.