Monday, January 07, 2008

How I was able to go to Christmas Liturgy

I was chrismated in a lovely Antiochian church in Michigan and was 'raised' in the church on the new calendar. I now go to a old calendar church (that is not old calendarist, as a esteemed friend wrote) and today is Christmas. Well, I had gotten confused and thus had to go to work today. I was really disappointed as I was looking forward to having Christmas with my church family.

So I woke up today and got ready and went to work. (I had just gotten back Friday night and did not realize my mistake until the next day and it was too late to try to fix this vacation wise). So I get to work and guess what!!?

The power was out at my work - a transformer problem. We were all sent home and I esp. was given a blessing from on high to go to my church's Christmas liturgy!

God did a wonderful small miracle in this. It was wonderful to pray in church for Christmas - and I got to do the Christmas liturgies in both my Michigan and Ottawa churches.

What blessings.

Blessed Christmas or Theophany to all! :)

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Ooooh, I have shivers contemplating God's hand in this! How lovely!

And, Happy Feast Day!