Thursday, May 09, 2024

bright Thursday

I still can't load pictures here from my phone. 

I am ok. 

I just had a very hard loss.  I found out that in Ottawa, where I lived before I was married, that a very kind man, my Ukrainian Mother’s Husband, died.  Once family always family. He was so warm gentle steady simple and unassuming.  I have been crying a lot is all I can really say about this loss.

At least I can cry.

Other than this, I am doing what I can to heal from the most difficult health crisis of my adult life.   I am doing a better but the new loss I have endured has me thrown for a loop.

I take long walks. I still have my therapist who I talk to. 

I know I am not here much. It just the way it is.  V who commented if you are the one I met 2 summers ago in MI at my beloved Monastery please feel free to email me. See the about me page. 

Other than that I have a lot to be thankful for.  I am just in a time of grief and of healing.  


6 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's nice to see a post today, even if it's a short one.

Martha said...

I'm glad to read your update. Today is Bright Friday and I hope to go to Liturgy tomorrow! Christ is Risen!!

The Rev. Susan Creighton said...

So glad to see you back...you've been in my prayers. Do rest--a lot. Holy Silence is healing for body and soul.

Becki said...

I am sorry you are hurting from the recent loss of a loved one. Of course, this complicates your healing. Praying God blesses you, Elizabeth.

pleximama said...

It's so nice to read your words after your break from posting, even if they are filled with your grief. May your loved one's Memory Be Eternal.

Anonymous said...

XB! Nice to read something from you here on the blog again. Hope you can heal, “baby steps”. Hugs from Sweden