Wednesday, February 21, 2024

waking up to birdsong

I can't get blogger to load pictures correctly on my phone. I don't have time to do more so just here briefly. 

It's been a year yesterday that I lost my memory. 

God is bringing comfort in increments. 

Healing takes time. 

I go on walks most everyday. I am very fortunate to have therapy. Fr Thomas Hopko in his 55 maxims: 

"Get help when you need it, without fear or shame."

It is wonderful to wake up and hear the birds sing.  It is wonderful to wake up and know where one is and feel warm and safe in one's own home. 

Lord have mercy on those who do not have this great gift. 

5 comments:

Gretchen Joanna said...

In my experience, morning birdsong is a most comforting thing. May God bless and heal you, Dear Sister.

Lisa said...

Oh, this morning I heard them, singing as if they knew spring was coming!

Becki said...

The birds have been so happy here in recent weeks. Robins have already been spotted. I guess spring is coming early whether I'm ready for it or not.

Granny Marigold said...

I'm glad you're getting the help you need. It's wonderful to wake up to birds singing.

Gloria said...

Hello Elizabeth, I am so glad to know that you are slowly healing. Just look at how far you have come. I have been studying the book of James and have been encouraged by his words of wisdom, especially this verse from James 1:12
"Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of glory, which God has promised to those who love him." Keep on moving forward Elizabeth. God loves you so much!