Thursday, January 25, 2024

When the Jeresy Comes out...


{I don't know this website but my Husband
and I find this joke really funny. If you don't, 
so sorry. Don't bother reading on LOL}
***
So a little snippet from tonight as I wrote to a friend...:

I am laughing now.  Ok, so we really needed to get something delivered ASAP and my Husband had called numerous times about this and it was not resolved. So when I heard that it was the same run-around I took his phone from his hand and said you are now talking to me. I immediately asked for a manager.   Then I said all the needed details, that this was absolutely unacceptable and that they were causing the problem and it needs to be fixed now.  The woman quickly escalated it twice.  And I said that I needed them to call me by 10 AM EST tomorrow with proof that the situation is fully resolved.  She asked for my phone number.  I said that you will be calling my Husband and that I only take over when there is trouble and my Husband needs me to take over.  She laughed and said she hopes she never talks to me again.  LOL.  We both laughed at that one.  I just said my Husband needs this resolved and we were happy on the phone together.  She did a good job.  It's just that sometimes a bit of FIRE needs to be put under the person's feet so that it gets resolved.  I HOPE it is by 10 AM or I will have to cause more trouble cause my Husband does not have time for such nonsense.  I tell you, I always take care of those I love and my Husband, I will always sort things for him.  HA! 🙂

***
If you didn't know I can be like that, 
well now you do LOL. 


7 comments:

Lisa said...

Ha! Elizabeth! No, I did not know you could be like that! This is as funny as the joke was. (and yes, I thought it was funny)

The Rev. Susan Creighton said...

Bravo, Elizabeth! I don't have a husband, but often have to use similar tactics to the Jersey wife when dealing with the world these days.

Granny Marigold said...

I found the little joke funny....I didn't see that punchline coming.
I'm glad you can take charge of situations that demand firmness. It comes in handy from time to time.

Becki said...

I enjoyed the whole post. I did not see that coming at the end of the story of the three wives. lol

When we need things like that sorted here, I say my husband is the "good cop" and I'm the "bad cop". Sometimes, the situation needs sugar, and as an extrovert he is excellent at keeping the person on the other end happy and even laughing, and often gets a good end result. But sometimes the situation needs a fire lit, and since I'm usually a no-nonsense type the conversation goes differently. I'm not sure which of us is better at dealing with difficult things, but if I don't think I'm going to have the patience, I will sometimes ask him to handle my difficult business - if he is able to. I do feel like way too much of life anymore is spent on the phone dealing with frustration things.

Martha said...

My husband, also, is too polite sometimes! I will be a bit more aggressive in certain situations, like you were and it made me smile to read this.

Gloria said...

Good for you Elizabeth! Trying to communicate on the phone these days can be a real challenge and so few people seem to know how to handle it. I thought the joke you shared was hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Name is pieter Roosje just wondering if have relatives in Canada originally from Holland immigrated in 1971