Thursday, March 30, 2023

Spring

I was rather astonished to realize Spring has sprung....

I took a few block walk to mail 2 letters and saw that the trees were in flower. Today was the first day that I had a walk by myself. And only one short nap. Recovery from months of illness is a bit of a prolonged endeavour.

When I was still very sick I prayed that God would help me return. Even though each time I prayed the world seemed ugly, glaring white lights, terrible city landscapes of tall buildings with square lights bright but lifeless.  

Now I need to continue to return by becoming stronger physically and able to resume my life.

I discovered a DE Stevenson book 📖 that I had not re-read that was quite pleasurable to read.

Fun to see how Stevenson toes this tale with her novel The House of the Deer.

She's such a wise writer. 

Well I must be patient but also persistent it seems in this healing process. 

May God have mercy on us 🙏. 

5 comments:

Gretchen Joanna said...

"In patience ye possess your souls." May you enjoy springtime to the fullest, may it overflow your soul and refresh you from head to toe. <3

Granny Marigold said...

Going for easy walks and taking lots of time to read and rest will hopefully soon have you back to your old self.

Becki said...

Glad you are feeling better and can enjoy spring. Those are beautiful pictures of tree blossoms.

Martha said...

So beautiful!

Gloria said...

Recovery from a difficult illness is always challenging. I hope you will feel encouraged and lifted up by the prayers of your friends and family and that you will feel stronger each day that passes. Blessings Elizabeth!