Friday, October 20, 2017

Friday: Cleaning, Cooking and Gratefulness









Today I was really grateful that I can walk again,
that I was able to go to NYC yesterday.
Playing that Chess game was a highlight for me,
just something fun and spontaneous with my Husband. 
Today was house cleaning day;
bed linens changed, laundry done and put away; floors mopped;
tomorrow I hope to get the bathroom sinks washed.
Mr Husband, valiantly, helped.
I baked pre-prepared shrimp and we had a salad;
for dinner salad and baked potato for Mr Husband,
salad and then oatmeal with raisins and honey for me. 
After I came home from PT (so glad for this help),
I baked pre-made vegan organic cinnamon rolls,
joking that organic sugar must surely be good for you ;)
It's nice to have a treat with my Husband; we don't actually do so 
that much, usually.
I've been having fun picking out different teacups. 
I am glad for today. 
We are still in the midst of the hard, but have a bit of
breathing room at present.
Trying to just be where I am today and try to trust God.
I've been able to do a bit of reading in our library
and that is a blessing.
It's going to take time to get one's life back after
the year we have had;
it's still not sewing time, though I did fix an
unexpected hole in a long black shirt/skirt/tunic that I have
(it was thrifted) and my Husband commented that I may want to 
have something over it to cover up my bad fix job (it bunched).
I find this funny and am not worried about it over all. 
I prepared a pasta sauce for the slow cooker tonight
and hope to make it tomorrow.
I hope to freeze some of it and am so glad I got to make this;
it's a lovely sauce;
I still can't find Italian Plum tomatoes with juice
(not a purred sauce) so we will see how this ends up...
I know last time I was disappointed, I hope for better this time....

3 comments:

Lilly's Mom said...

Hi Elizabeth, I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your outing and are getting along well. I love reading your post as I get to see all your lovely dishes. I think today I spy Wedgewood Wild Strawberries (I have a teacup and saucer in this pattern), Royal Albert Country Roses( I just ordered a Royal Albert Silver Birch teacup from Canada), and your lovely blue onion plate. It looks like we both have a passion for dishes! Thank you for sharing the tomato sauce recipe. It looks great. Enjoy your weekend dear friend. Pat xxx

Angie said...

I am so happy you have started cooking and baking again. It takes longer than we think to put our lives in order, isn't it? However, we have help and hope!

Paula said...

I love your blue and white dishes!

Are canned tomatoes not Italian paste tomatoes down there? I know when I get a can of whole tomatoes they are paste tomato shape and fairly meaty.