Tuesday, September 19, 2017

today, a quiet day after a day in NYC

(picture from yesterday, at one of the 2 diners I like in NYC)

Yesterday was good, busy and a bit hard towards the end.
My eye is stable, thank God!
***
My dear ones who are in the midst of trying to adopt 
their foster baby had a worrisome development
that I prayed and prayed about, emailing and texting 
close ones for prayers.
So that worry is gone but we will see.
***
My foot did well over all yesterday
but was aching by night.
It was my first big trip to NYC since my 
ankle injury.
My foot still feels a lot thicker than the unhurt one
and is stiff often and sore daily it seems.
Back to PT tomorrow.
***
I am reading the Lord of the Rings
and hopefully my parents are coming in less than 2 weeks
and then we hope we can do a staycation, after this visit.
We will see.
***
I still have some issues with the sinus cold I got
and we are battling on, valiantly I hope but with 
some weariness.
***
I wish there were places to go like in Tolkien's book,
where one could really rest, heal and regain strength.
But Tolkien also show that the times of rest and healing
are so you can go on with your life's quest....
***
May God have mercy on us! 
How much we need His mercy!

2 comments:

Paula said...

So glad your trip to NY went well and you aren't in too much pain today. Ella and I are working our way through The Hobit.

karen said...

have fun with your family and keep on healing!