Monday, June 19, 2017

One moment at a time...the last few days...






















I got a bunch of books the other day,
I will have lots of great reading ahead, God willing.
I was almost out of yarn for my wash cloth knitting.
What I got is not as good as I was hoping but I will make it work;
I've only tried the yellow so far; it's not as thick as the same
yarn that is not on a spool, same brand etc. 
Well, I guess you get what you pay for, this was cheaper...
we had a real storm earlier, but Mr Husband got home safe
and I trust my help did too.
My doctor's visit (and hopeful cast removal) was moved up
to next week Tuesday.
I still have another 3 months the doctor says before I will
be fully better but I feel encouraged by the hopeful progress.
I got some really nice mail today
and I am so grateful for that. 
I hope to make some more cards soon.
I am trying to make the best of each day.
Thanks everyone for your kind comments on my last post,
I really really appreciate each one. 
May God bless us all!

14 comments:

Tracy said...

Sooo many goodies to see you through the days, Elizabeth! Love the books of D.E.Stevenson... and 84 Charing Cross Road is wonderful--do see the film too, based on that book, if you've not already! Such good news that your cast may be removed soon. Keeping the prayers flowing your way... God Bless you, my friend :))) ((HUGS))

Pom Pom said...

Oh, I LOVE book packages! Have fun with your new to you books!

Lilly's Mom said...

It warms my heart to hear you're doing better. Good news about your cast. You've gotten me hooked on DE Stevenson's books. I just received the second one of the Miss Buncle's series. Thank you for sharing these titles. They look like great reading. Sorry about your new yarn order. Do you think you could knit two strands together? Praying for you and sending you good wishes, Pat xx

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

You have some of my favorites there in your new book collection. There is an old movie of 83 Charing Cross Road too, should you ever want to find it and view it. And Helene Hanff talks about the making of that movie in one of her other books. I read them all but that was about 20 years ago so the details are fuzzy. I still have 84 Charing Cross Road in my collection. China Court is another good one - a book about books, as is 84 Charing Cross Road . . . You have lots of enjoyable reading ahead of you.

How nice to see some rain, even if it isn't falling in my neighborhood! We are in the midst of a heat wave at the moment.

Here's hoping it will be good news on Tuesday and you can be cast free again!

karen said...

I continue to send lots of prayers and hope you are able to resume regular life as soon as possible. Knitting and reading are both great things to be doing while laid up!

Paula said...

Get your next dish cloth yarn from Knit Picks. Beautiful colours and great yarn. That's where I always get mine (even with the crumby dollar). What a nice pile of books! I got some from Coles today 3/$10. They claim to be history books but I don't recognize the author. Hope their good. Hope your doing well.

GretchenJoanna said...

I'm glad to hear that at least the removal of your cast is on the horizon! Bless you, Dear Elizabeth!

Nancy said...

Wow that's a lot of books. Glad to hear the cast is coming off soon, that should help make things a little more comfortable. Sending hugs!

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

I can see that things are falling in a manageable routine for your family. I wish your hard earned wisdom brings you closer to God.I have the Levanda flowers in my icon corner too☆I will post soon

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

No post from you in a few days. Meanwhile we are multiplying prayers for your peace and recovery. May Gods rich mercy surround you.

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.