Wednesday, May 27, 2015

{Fr. Roman Braga} ~ freedom found in solitary confinement

"....Only then was I able to discover how beautiful the interior life of man is. I liked it very much. A couple of months before I discovered this, I thought that I would go crazy because the solitude was a total break from the world with which I had been so much involved. And you know that our culture is oriented outside ourselves; it is a cosmological knowledge directed toward existence outside ourselves. Now I needed a method to find myself, to liberate myself from the slavery of the books, because there were no books there. It is not an exaggeration to say that in freedom we become slaves of the books; we do not have time even to know who we are because we are made out of quotations...."

~Fr. Roman Braga, 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Interesting thought. We can become slaves to any habit, even something which seems good.