Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Place Your Hope in the Lord, Remains of the Day, Blue Blanket



I have 4 full squares/'checkers' done now! 
Ravelry for this blanket is here.


I will start on another part of the blanket soon
and will leave this one to be sewn together at the end.


I think the ribbing will be the least repeated part
of the pattern, depending more on seed and garter stitches. 
It's going to be fun to create different patterns and
colour block arrangements for this blanket!


I am thinking it will be a lap blanket size...


I am still reading Remains of the Day and
am enjoying not only the Britishness of it
but how it captures a time period and history in England,
a time that is no longer with us...
*
I also read a delightful book, an 'easy read' as it were,
that was insightful, funny and full of love and encouragement. 
of Fr. Lazar who helped many in Serbia rediscover
their Lord Jesus Christ and Orthodox faith.
It is different from but reminds me of the book
Everyday Saints and is well worth the reading time!


The publisher blurb drew me in to buying this book at 
Holy Dormition Monastery two years ago
and I finally had the right moment to read this book.
*
"A man of few words but great compassion, Father Lazar of Serbia and Montenegro sought neither attention nor accolades, yet became a revered spiritual leader not only for his monastery but for those both within, and without, the walls of his monastery. The words and actions of this modern-day spiritual father, born of an unfailing hope in Christ, cut through the din and clatter of a turbulent world. Those willing to listen - to Father Lazar's own words and the words of those shepherded by him - have an opportunity to enter the empathy that he had for all people."
*
What are you reading and creating?
Yarn Along with us!

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Lovely knitting and inspiring books, as usual. :) Have a blessed week!

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

Love all the blues - gorgeous! Great reading choices.

Anonymous said...

Supercute blues!!

karen said...

love the shades of blue and the lap blanket size, it's going to be fabulous!

Mimi said...

I've never heard of that book, it looks wonderful. Thank you

Mimi said...

I've never heard of that book, it looks wonderful. Thank you

Anonymous said...

Those blues are so calming and beautiful! I love seeing you progress. I don't know if I have the patience to make a blanket! *big hugs* :)

Nicole said...

The publisher's blurb does make the book sound like a very worth while read! Your blanket looks like it's coming along nicely :)

GretchenJoanna said...

Anything called "A Poetic Life" sounds like a book I would be interested in! And your blanket is beautiful.

Heather said...

Love those colors!

Rosemary said...

Love to watch the blanket growing and taking shape! :)

Anonymous said...

Such great color choices! It'll be fun to play with the patterns like you said...

elizabeth said...

Thanks everyone! I am still thinking of all the beautiful things I read in the Fr. Lazar book... it's a really great read!