Tuesday, September 30, 2014

{Our Time in PEI} ~ Belmont School where L. M. Montgomery taught





The Aveonlea villiage, while a fictional place
of L. M. Montgomery's books, 
is authentic in terms of gathering items of the time 




Anne of GG heresy; clearly Gilbert loves Anne ;)





Ink well in desk...
my Uncle said to me that he remembers used desks
with ink wells...




King and Queen;
how Canada has changed...


My Uncle, he was with us in the school room,
said that he went to a one room school house... 







How times have changed...
I do wish for the order I see in these days
and the modesty in dress....

4 comments:

Reinventing Mother said...

Love this post! I miss the classroom. I longed to bring this sort of mindset to my rooms but alas, times have changed have changes:((

Paula said...

My Dad in Toronto in the 50's still used dip pens. Obviously his school wasn't one room. But Colin's dad went to a one room school up here just outside of Pembroke. They had built a big high school by the time he was ready to go, but didn't get along well in the big school and left as soon as he could.

Mom's a few years younger and while her school still used desks like in your pictures they didn't use the ink wells.

For that matter, some of my grades in public school we still used desks with ink holes (but not the lift top type of desks).

Lisa said...

You certainly have a lot of memories of your trip there.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

You saw a huge amount while you were there, but this is possibly my favourite :-)