Wednesday, May 14, 2014

3: a delicate shawl in mink, thick scarf in brown, and the sunshine blanket ~ this week's yarn along


For Christmas (or was it birthday?) I was given
It's lovey, so soft and so very delicate but with a 
still noticeable durability for all it's delicate features... 


It took a while to make into a ball.


I am making a shawl,
as easy as is possible:
start with three and increase.


I am using my Oma's knitting needles
that I was given for my birthday.


I am hoping for a beautiful finish to this,
and it is so calming to knit.
It will take me a while but that
is just fine!


Cast on a bulky brown scarf,
started with some knit rows and now
doing stockinette.
Will be a DV Christmas present,
size 13 needles.


The sunshine squares blanket is going well.
Much work to be done on it yet
but it will be cute and cheery when it's done! 


I loved this book.
It was so many wonderful things.
I wrote about this book yesterday.
It's such a lovely book;
encouraging, restorative, at times light and funny,
at times enlightening, profound;
it was full of love and encouragement.
It was exactly what I needed.
*
What are you creating and reading??!
Yarn Along with us!




9 comments:

Reinventing Mother said...

Your knitting is so fun! Mink is wonderful to work with! Love your knitting bag :)))))

mamasmercantile said...

The shawl is beautiful, I am looking forward to seeing the end result of the sunshine blanket.

karen said...

I've never knit with mink before, you'll have to let me know what you think once you're done. I bet it is S O F T :) I love the chunky yarn and that speedy scarf you are knitting, it will be done in a snap.

Stephanie said...

I've never seen mink yarn before! I bet it's amazing to work with though. The colors you're using to make the blanket are so cheery! I'm working on a pair of gloves (my first time knitting the fingers--I usually make fingerless mitts). Happy knitting!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the finished sunshine shawl!

Lynn said...

So many beautiful projects ! I love the sound of the book and am now going to check it out :)

Lisa said...

seriously? mink? Wow! I'll bet your shawl is going to be amazing. :)

Ali said...

Gosh you are so busy. Moving along with all your wonderful woolly creations. I can just imagine snuggling under that sunshine blanket, beautiful colours. Thank you so much for the book suggestions you left me. I will be checking them out. I also had a look at the link for Aidens song, it sounds like an interesting read. Enjoy the rest of the week, I hope it's stress free despite the house move.
Ali xx

Lynda said...

I've made a number of shawls using that pattern.

Sounds like lovely yarn to work with.