Saturday, April 05, 2014

~Celebrating Mr. Husband Part 2~Cake~Candles~Joy~


Believe it or not, 
I kinda think the cake was even better this year!
*
I will try to do a post later on about how I did
this year's cake....


I love the moment when Mr. Husband comes
out to the dining room and I've lit the
7 candles... 
I lit one at a time with different prayers for him... 


His final 4 presents...
7 seemed to be a theme as that was how many 
he unwrapped this year...
*
He got two more bars of vegan chocolate,
one with ginger and one with chili
and some trader joes jelly beans.
*
And two more books, shown below :)


I love our birthday table this year!


We had scrimp for his birthday,
with peanut sauce, rice, Indian junk food 
and salad.


It was such a joy!


Cleo decided she wanted to try sitting on one
of my knitting baskets.
I took the picture then took her off and 
gently explained to her that the basket
is really not strong enough for her to do that again... :)


First edition with dust jacket,
Chesterton on Dickens! 


And 4th printing first edition of 
Chesterton's book 


the Thing. :)
*
We are bringing cake and cupcakes to church
tomorrow to continue the celebration
and it's been a wonderful week of 
being thankful for my Mr. Husband and his birth! 

4 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

What fun you had in the planning and executing - and a worthy cause for sure! So nice that those tulips were still looking so bright. I'm very interested in the (vegan) Indian junk food!!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Looks like a wonderful time has been had by the giver and the recipient!

Apseed said...

Happy Birthday to your husband!

Martha said...

I hope your husband had a wonderful birthday...the cake and candles look so pretty! ♥ My husbands birthday is in 2 weeks (he's lucky it falls during Bright Week this year)!!!