Friday, March 21, 2014

God's mercy...





All I do is water this orchid once a week, soaking it for 1 hour.
And sometimes I forget to do so on time.
Yet this orchid bloomed this week, in the midst of Great Lent.
Let us be encouraged:
sometimes we can do very little,
maybe all we can manage is a bit of ill-timed watering.
Yet God lets the flower bloom.
He credits us for one glass of water given in His name.
Let us take hear,
for He is merciful and quick to hear,
slow to get angry and abounding in love. 

6 comments:

Reinventing Mother said...

Beautiful! I have always wanted an orchid but have never had one. I see them now in the groceries. I may need to acquire one soon!

Martha said...

What a blessing to have your orchid blossom mid-Lent! ♥ And truly a wonderful way to compare our prayer to water...

Lisa said...

Amen, Elizabeth! The flowering kingdom is full of lessons for us, I think.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I've never had an orchid to nurture - what a lovely flower!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and helpful!

Thank you!

Heather L. said...

the color of the orchid is so beautiful, and yellow is such a hopeful color during this time of year.