Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Trying to do this post one more time (pictures disappeared twice)


Mr. Husband and I were sorry to see

all the books that were lost.
(edit: they were not our books, FYI)
 
We saw lots of hoses from basements

getting water out...


Parts of our town were so flooded

that the National Guard had to come
and get people out.
 
 Talk about dramatic.


We did not see any of the rescues.
*
Duracell was giving out free batteries and the
man who gave some to Mr.Husband and I had
this huge look of compassion in his eyes
it was strange
I found myself wanting to laugh almost hysterically
at the strangeness of it all....
 
 We saw lots of streets closed early on after the hurricane...

 
 So much flooding...

4 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

I'm sorry. This always seems like something that happens to "someone else" until it happens to us.

elizabeth said...

Yes... perhaps I should of clarified that the books lost were not ours... perhaps I will do an edit...
we were really blessed compared to the others...

Kassianni said...

wow. so much devastation a little water can cause. we had a basement flood recently (though of course not nearly this bad!) so I sympathize. the damage is heartbreaking for those who must endure it.
So happy to hear you and D are ok!

Michelle M. said...

I was trying to explain the power of water to my seven year old the other day. It just amazes me what water can do. I have friends in NY still without power and they aren't even dealing with this flooding. Lord have mercy!