Saturday, March 03, 2012

First Saturday of Great Lent

Earlier this week we had
almost blizzard like conditions.
Today is very windy.
Have to walk to vespers soon...
I love Lent so much;
it is such a special time to be
with my church family.
*
This whole leaving my church family
is hard; though
life without Orthoman
would be worse...
and I know I am excited
just that I can't imagine leaving the
warm confines of my life here.
*
Moving and preparing for marriage
to me is likened to
what an older Christian man I knew
in my twenties used to talk about
in terms of heaven:
we can't imagine it,
just like a baby cannot imagine
life outside of his or her Mother's womb.
Preparing for marriage
seems like something that is such
a revolution of one's life
that it is likened
to being born.
This picture summarizes my life right now.
Embroidered cloth from the
Kiev Lavra;
Wedding pictures of my sister's wedding
(we talked today about wedding stuff
via video chat);
phone headset that I often use for
talking on the phone;
journal, stapler, other paper
and candles.
Yep,
that about sums it up.

2 comments:

Kassianni said...

in terms of heaven:
we can't imagine it,
just like a baby cannot imagine
life outside of his or her Mother's womb.

I like this very much.

Martha said...

So pretty...we got some snow here in Ohio this morning. May you have a fruitful Great Lent! I'm glad to read of your engagement and that your fiance will be celebrating Pascha with you in Ottawa. ♥